7 Career and Personal Development Books Every Career Girl Should Read
I'm currently reading How to Win Friends and Influence People in my ongoing desire to improve my personal growth and development. Having spent more than 20 years in schooling (seriously, it seems like forever) and training for medicine and healthcare, there were ZERO classes on emotional intelligence, how to find your passion, sustaining motivation or cultivating high performance habits. Seriously, why is that not a general education course required in undergraduate school (or better yet, in high school?)
So, in my personal journey of self-discovery so far, I've learned it's never too late to start anything. No matter how old you are, how long you've been in the game, or even how 'unexperienced' you feel you are, it's NEVER too late to open that laptop, or open that book, and learn something new.
Some things I've learned thus far:
- When ordinary people are doing something extraordinary, it becomes NORMAL.
- "Impossible" just means it hasn't been done yet.
- Surround yourself with people who are like-minded, of similar mindset, and who get what you're doing. They're less likely to be nay-sayers and more likely to elevate you to where you need to be.
- 99% of success is based on one's own perception and mindset.
- Positive affirmations work.
- The more time you spend on personal development, the more likely things in your life will align with your work.