Mystery Blogger Award
I am so honored have been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by Rebecca from Rebecca Marie Lifestyle Blog.
What’s this Mystery Blogger Award, anyway?
It’s an award created by Okoto Enigma from her lifestyle blog.
It’s best explained by her own words!
The “Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide link as well
- Tell your reader 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10-20 other blogger’s
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Things about me:
- I’m a doctor by day and a blogger by night (or in the wee early hours of the morning). Somewhere along the way during my medical training, I became inspired by the women around me doing great things in healthcare, and disheartened at the same time by the challenges and stereotypes that we as women face in this world. My hope is to inspire women to find a voice, empower them to speak up, and motivate them to design their own life on their own terms.
- My favorite way to spend time with good company is over a latte, in a cozy room full of pillows, just chatting about life. I love hearing about other people's stories, how they got to where they are now, and what their hopes are for the future - all over a warm cup of coffee that just warms the heart!
- My passions other than medicine and fighting patriarchy are reading and traveling. The travel bug bit me during college when I studied abroad for half a year in Hong Kong, and stuck with me ever since. It's taken me all over the U.S., including Colorado and Alaska, Europe, Asia and those itty bitty islands in the Caribbean. The world is a beautiful place, and whatever we can do to help sustain it and keep it beautiful is also on my agenda!
Questions I’ve been asked:
What’s your favorite post you’ve written?:
Well, I don't necessarily have a favorite post, but I do have some that get read often:
what’s the best thing about blogging?
Blogging allows me to have a creative space to truly run with my other passions and get out of my 'left-sided' brain once in awhile. After YEARS of medical training and being around people who predominantly think science and research, it's nice to decompress after a long day to write and think about something other than healthcare and medicine. Creating content allows me to reach a wider audience and help in ways that allow me to feel fulfillment in my own life.
who are your top three favorite bloggers?
Oh sheesh. I have tons. If you were to look at my laptop and open up my web browser, I'd have at least 10 bloggers saved to my 'favorites' tab. My favorite bloggers are those who have 'been in the game' for awhile, and whom I aspire my blog to become and reach millions with a positive message. If I had to choose, it would be these (which are all career and leadership resources for the empowered women...fight on!)
if somebody told you they could tell you exactly how your life would turn out, would you want to hear it?
I'd rather not know - only because knowing would not put me at ease in life, but rather make me want to change some parts of my life if I don't agree with it!
what are you most proud of? It can be something from your blogging life, non-blogging life or both.
I am definitely most proud of this blog - not necessarily because of where it is now but what I hope it to become. And I'm proud of myself that I finally got off my butt and started DOING something. There are countless times to where I sat and read over hundreds of blog posts, and wasted hours of reading time surfing the internet, reading other people's content on blogging and leadership, when I could have been writing about my own thoughts and my own experiences and how they've cultivated my own leadership. There was such a lack of personal experiences in these blogs, and I wanted to infuse a sense of personality and personal-ness (that's not a word, I know!) into the world of coaching, leadership, and personal development.
As requested, some of my posts:
These have been bloggers that I've been following for a LONG time and a big time fan of their voice and content, and I'm so glad to be able to nominate them (Hello!). These are #bossladies doing their thing and owning it!
a write and creative, Amber's blog exudes a personal touch coupled with awesome photos of her travels
blog with resources ranging from a book, a podcast, to courses
Debbie couples humorous writing with quirky art as an illustrator for books about young people.
photography and travel blog
personal finance blog
a blog about blogging
fitness mom blog
Becky is a badass at traveling and offers tips on how to do it! (her blog was also featured on Travel Channel!)
I always enjoy these daily musings from Joanna's lifestyle blog
Hannah blogs all about Health, Beauty, Fitness
one of the OG' in the lifestyle blogging world, Amber has created a cult following with her beautiful content and her kids are just adorable.
Sally's rockin' it in the blogging world. I absolutely love reading about her travels.
Rebecca has created such a great community on helping other millennial women find a way to break the chains of the corporate world and leap into the digital nomad life.
Lifestyle blogger and also a digital marketer on the side
I am so grateful to be able to nominate these ladies. They are really killing it in the blogging world and such an inspiration to me. I can only hope that my own blog will aspire to reach so many people across the world!
My questions to my nominees:
What keeps you motivated to blog in such a crazy, noisy world?
What’s the best thing about blogging?
What are three things you know now that you wish you knew prior to starting your blog?
If you could have anything you ever wanted, it can be something tangible or a personality trait or whatever, what would it be and why?
What would you tell your 16 year old self if you could go back in time?